Sunday, 1 July 2012

Real Techniques Starter Set

This kit by Real Techniques is designed to be used on the eyes, with 5 brushes that cover all the eye design basics. I like that these brushes have basic, self-explanatory names that are actually printed onto the brushes, so you know what each brush is designed for and don't just have to guess!

realtechniqueseyekit


So in the Starter Set there is;
Base Shadow Brush - This is used to apply eyeshadow over the whole eyelid.
Deluxe Crease Brush - Designed for applying eyeshadow to the crease of your eye, which you do when you want to create some contour.
Accent Brush - This brush is small enough to be used for detailing and is described by Real Techniques as being suitable for spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging.
Pixel-point Eyeliner Brush - Although this says its an eyeliner brush, I don't think its firm enough to be able to precisely apply eyeliner, it could be used for applying highlighter inside the corner of your eye though.
Brow Brush - Despite this brush having the right shape, I think this is too thick to use as an brow brush, but it could be used for a thicker application of eyeshaow as an eyeliner.

I've had this for a few weeks now and to be honest, I only use three of these brushes (all but the last two listed) but for £21.99 it is still very good value for three good make up brushes, let alone five.

Annie x

4 comments:

  1. Great photo! :) I agree with your thoughts on the pixel-point eyeliner brush. It feels a bit long, and 'flimsy' to be used as a liner brush.. but now I'll try the highlight idea, thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad to have helped :) x

      Delete
  2. i didnt know you could have so many brushes just to do your eyes!

    I love the picture, but I don't know if i could find uses for all the brushes, like you I'd probably just use a couple >.<


    Natali xox
    www.divagirlstrikesagain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's for brush for ever possible thing and then some! Yeah, like I said it's still good value and great to be able to pick these up on the highstreet! x

      Delete