Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Scar Treatment: Aloe Vera Gel



DSC_0570

So, as you all probably know, the battle to help my acne scars has been an ongoing thing for what seems like forever now, and in another bid to help reduce them or even better get rid of them is this Aloe Vera Gel. This one was £5.99 from Holland and Barret and that's for a 200ml bottle which will last you forever!

The reason I decided to give this a try was from researching everywhere for more natural products that help skin recover, because the amount of expensive products and frankly CRAP I've been putting on my skin just seems to have confused it even more and brings me out in more spots! Aloe Vera is known for its cleansing, soothing and recovering properties for skin, and is used in most after-sun creams, so I knew it wouldn't react badly with my skin.

The gel itself absorbs really quickly and a little goes a long way as the gel seems to melt across my face. The only thing that is pretty strange is that once it dries on your face, it leaves a very dry layer across your skin, which I didn't like at first as I thought it would dry my skin out and make it flaky. But putting it on before bed and leaving it overnight, you wake up with super soft skin with no residue left, I really like it! Also, I love putting it on after using my clarisonic, as it takes the redness out of my skin after a deep cleanse.

I really have noticed an improvment in my skin so much more than the expensive products like the La Roche Posay moisturiser I'd been using, so it just goes to show you don't have to spend much to get good results. I've even just started to use this as a night time moisturiser instead of any other creams as it gives me soft skin without being oily. And as for the scars, it's taken at least a month but this has given my scars chance to fade without getting new spots over the top, which is amazing!

It's definately worth a try if you have irritated skin or acne like me!

Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. I bought this for my acne, its good for cooling irritation :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love it for that too :)

      Delete