Sunday, 6 May 2012

Skincare Review: La Roche Posay Cicaplast


Hellooooo, hope everyone's enjoying the Bank Holiday! Today's Skincare Review is a product I've been using religiously for a while now. I first heard about it when watching videos from Lisa Eldridge about how to cover up acne using make-up which you can find HERE.

blog18

I bought La Roche Posay Cicaplast from Boots for £13 which is pretty reasonable for the quality and how long it lasts for. Cicaplast is a 'Pro recovery skincare' and is mainly used for dry skin and for use after cosmetic peels as it helps the skin to recover quicker. I started using this as a make up primer as recommended by Lisa and I can see why! It literally makes your skin feel like silk before you apply your make-up. You only need a pea sized amount for your whole face which means this product will last you ages; I've had mine for about 5 months and still have plenty left, so I think it really is worth the money!

In some reviews I read before buying it, lots of comments said they used it to help with scars from acne, which I have to say hasn't done an awful lot to mine, but the texture of the skin around my acne is normally flaky and sore, and this has sorted that out, so I am happy with the results. Also, as a base for my make-up I couldn't recommend this enough. Foundation is now so much easier to apply, doesn't get streaky because it soaks in quicker and seems to stay on my face all day. So for people looking for a primer along with the bonus of treating your skins condition at the same time, this is definitely something you should check out!

Has anyone else tried this as a Primer before? What do you think to it?

Sarah x

4 comments:

  1. i love this brand, but i've never seen this product in stores! thanks for the review! new follower, can't wait to catch up on your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, we do too :) if you live in UK then they're in most Boots stores but if you live in US there's a list of their stores here.

      and Thanks!! xx

      Delete
  2. thanks for your review! I heard about this from Lisa's video too and I will give it a go!
    p.s. pls go and check my blog letiziaelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) You should it's such a good primer! xx

      Delete