Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Review: Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Gel Liner



DSC_0205

Hellooo! First of all just a quick apology for the shortage in Posts, I was ill over the weekend so had a rest from it all; fully recovered now though, and just as the sun has shown itself :)
Today's review is the latest Gel liner from Maybelline. I've been wanting to try this for a while, as I've heard quite a few good things about it, and I bought it on offer from Superdrug for only £5.99, so thought it was cheap enough to check it out. The retail price in Boots is £7.99, which I think is really good as the liner brush comes with it - more expensive gel liners don't normally, so this is certainly value for money.

First of all, the packaging is really nice, I love the little glass pot and the black liner brush is good quality. The liner itself, with the brush, glided on really easily and I was surprised how easy it was to get a nice even line on the upper lash line (and I'm normally rubbish with eyeliner pens etc). If you want a nice neat flick this type of liner is what you need! And the big deal for me was the fact it did last all night. I wore it out clubbing and after a full night, had no smudging or lines on the lid or lower lash line, which is what I hate about pencils!

The one thing I would say as a negative is the brush. After a few uses I have noticed the brush has split a little, meaning getting a perfect line is harder, especially if I want a thin line as the brush doesn't lay straight anymore, which is a shame. But for the price, I can't really expect an amazing brush, so it doesn't put me off too much.

For me, I think this is a really good gel liner, that lasts all night and works well, and is worth a try if you don't want to spend a fortune on the more expensive liners such as Bobby Brown.

What do you think? Does anyone else recommend a good budget Gel liner?

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment