Friday, 30 March 2012

Clarisonic Mia: Week 1 Review



DSC_0165

Hellooooo :) I hope you're all enjoying the sunshine as much as I am currently sat outside in the garden!
Today's post is going to be my week 1 review of the Clarisonic Mia that I bought. After what seems a lifetime of wanting my very own Clarisonic, I parted with the £120 from Harvey Nichols and made the purchase, yipeee!

DSC_0171

Ive posted some photos below of how my skin looks from the beginning and have decided to do this every Friday to give you an update each week with the condition of my skin and so you can see improvements, if any, yourselves. After seeing other peoples' reviews before I bought my own, I really wanted to actually see the proof, so I hope you appreciate the pics, seen as they aren't the most flattering if I say so myself!

DSC_0550

DSC_0197DSC_0194

First things first though. I've been using the brush for just over a week now, and my initial verdict is so far so good. The brush itself is really sturdy and heavier than I thought, but I like that it feels as if it will last! Also, I did expect it to feel far more abrasive against my skin than it actually did, as you don't really feel like its brushing your skin, more vibrating against it.(maybe I was literally thinking it would be like an electric toothbrush for your face.)

I use it with my normal cleanser Avene Thermale Extremely Gentle Cleanser, and it literally makes my skin feel squeaky clean, soft and really smooth. I chose not to use the free cleanser sample that came with this as I'd rather my skin get used to using it with my normal cleanser, and then I know whatever reaction I might get will be from the Clarisonic and not from the cleanser. So far I haven't had the dreaded purge, but if you have seen our intro video, I have really problematic, acne prone skin anyway, so I'm not sure I would notice whether I'm getting any more spots than usual. But so far, my complexion just seems brighter and skin much smoother. My products now also feel amazing to put on after, they seem to soak into my skin much easier and I don't feel a film of product across the surface, which I would sometimes get. Also, I had alot of dry skin around my nose and this has already started to disappear and seems much smoother!

I'm hoping that after another week, I'll start to notice an improvement with my acne type skin across my cheeks, so fingers crossed! Have any of you got a clarisonic? What do you think to it?
Let me know what you think!

Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel really nice reading these articles I mean there are writers that can write good material.
    clarisonic reviews

    ReplyDelete