Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Budget Beauty: MUA Makeup Academy Part 2


Here's the second part to my MUA review, hope you enjoy it.

Lipstick - Shade 16
MUA Lipstick Nectar

This lipstick goes on in a lovely coral/pink colour. It’s not drying on the lips at all and actually feels rather like a balm. It doesn't take long for the intensity to fade, so top ups are required. A nice little treat with MUA lipsticks is that the bottom of each stick has a little pot of it at the bottom, quite tricky to get it off though I've only managed it once!

Bronzer - Shade 1

mua bronzer Bronzer! This bronzer has a lot of shimmer, more than it appeared to have on the website. Although when you apply it, the shimmer isn't too obvious, I was worried I'd look like a glitter ball! It isn't overly pigmented either so you can build it up when you want more. I use for contouring more than my Sleek kit at the moment because the shade isn't too harsh on my pale skin.

Love Hearts Nails
DSC_0180



These polishes are part of a limited edition nail and balm collection with Love Hearts sweets, with the colours being a reflection of the shades within Love Hearts sweets. At the moment, my favourite shade is I <3 U, although that’s bound to change before too long. The annoying thing with these is that some of the brushes in mine are completely splayed out; meaning getting it back in the bottle is quite hard. Two coats are required otherwise you can still see the nail.

There we have it! MUA are firmly one of my favourite brands for purse friendly beauty. Check out the rest of their products here. It also has a list of which Superdrug stores stock their products.

Have you tried MUA? Anything else you think I should be trying out?

Annie x

4 comments:

  1. the lipstick is a really pretty colour perfect for this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the lipstick, MUA lipsticks are amazing!

    I've followed :) would love it if you would have a look at my blog

    zoeliannex.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. those polishes look lovely!!!

    Over on my blog I am having a Mac lipstick give away, I would love for you to enter :o)

    http://lolainthelounge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/mac-lipstick-giveaway.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These items looks lovely! The nail varnishes are so cute for spring!

    Tanesha x
    tanesha-marie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete